Preventive Dentistry Murphy TX
Keep your own teeth with preventive dentistry in Murphy, TX
Murphy, TX dentist, Dr. Bindu Kolli, enjoys restorative procedures and denture treatment. Yet her primary goal is to help people keep as many of their natural teeth as possible, for as long as reasonable. Preventive dentistry at Southfork Dental does exactly that for patients across the Frisco, Plano, and Irving area.
Why work to prevent problems?
When the mouth is functioning properly, we barely give it a thought. When something goes wrong it is hard to ignore. Dental problems cause physical pain and emotional distress. Kids get teased and miss school for urgent dental appointment. Most adults would rather spend time off work somewhere other than in the dentist’s chair.
Repairs are more costly than prevention, too. Preventive dentistry makes good sense to take of your teeth, for a lifetime of comfort.
Murphy, TX practice makes preventive dentistry easy
- Professional cleaning – The dental hygienist uses special instruments to gently remove buildup of harmful bacterial plaque and hardened tartar, as well as stains.
- Examinations – Dr. Kolli completes a comprehensive evaluation of teeth and other oral structures. She may suggest X-rays.
- Soft tissue screening – The Oral Cancer Foundation reports that about 53,000 Americans receive a diagnosis of oral or oropharyngeal cancer each year. The condition takes nearly 10,000 lives annually. However, prognosis is good with early detection and prompt treatment. Dr. Kolli incorporates oral cancer screening into every checkup.
- Guidance on home care – Regular visit are a great time learn more about oral hygiene, how diet affects dental health, and children’s issues such as pacifiers, oral development, and baby bottle tooth decay.
- Cavity protection – Topical fluoride and dental sealants are painless techniques that greatly reduce risk of tooth decay for children and adults.
- Periodontal maintenance – Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Dr. Kolli works with you to keep the condition under control, for improved oral and overall health.
- Mouth guards – Clenching and grinding take a nightly toll on teeth, and sports injuries can be disastrous. Custom-fit mouthguards reduce strain and risk of trauma.
Call Southfork Dental at 469-535-6939 for a true partner in prevention of dental problems.