Dental Implants Murphy TX
Smile with confidence with dental implants from Murphy, TX dentist
If you are in the Frisco, Irving, Plano, or Murphy, TX area, you have access to one of the greatest advances in modern dentistry. Dental implants have changed the way we replace missing teeth, with long-term results that look, feel, and function like your own dentition.
An elegantly different concept
In the past, if you wanted to replace a missing tooth, you choose a bridge or denture. These are sound solutions, but they only replace the crown of the tooth – the part that shows above the gumline. Without a root, bone diminishes. Eventually, that affects facial appearance.
A tooth implant replaces the root of the missing tooth; then the crown. The implant is a small screw-shaped device made of biocompatible material. It is inserted into jawbone at the location of the missing tooth. Over time, bone integrates with the implant. This forms a solid foundation for an abutment, a post that is topped with a porcelain dental crown.
A dental implant is the only tooth replacement technique that restores appearance and oral function, while helping to preserve bone.
Dr. Kolli can replace a single missing tooth in this manner, or multiple teeth in either arch. She is also experienced in using mini dental implants for support of full dentures. These implants are specially designed and angled to impart superior traction, for a denture that does not slip, wobble, or rub.
Getting dental implants in Murphy, TX
The entire implant process is completed on-site at Southfork Dental:
- Preparation – Dr. Kolli makes sure your mouth is healthy, addressing tooth decay, gum disease, or other dental issues. She also considers your medical history and lifestyle to determine if you are a good candidate for implants.
- Planning – Precise placement of the implants is mapped, using high resolution imaging.
- Grafting – If bone grafting is needed, it can be performed prior to or at the time of implant surgery.
- Placement – During this oral surgery, space is made in jawbone and the implant is inserted. Usually only local numbing or a mild sedative is needed.
- Restoration – This step involves placing the dental crown or denture.
- Follow-up – Dr. Kolli and her team are just a phone call away if you have questions or concerns about your implant procedure.